A Baby Card — PP 133

It’s time for a CAS challenge at the Paper Players this week.  Anne Marie has chosen a fun one.

I was afraid I was going to be in a bit of trouble with this challenge, as I don’t own a single baby-themed stamp set.  I know — it’s shocking, especially when one considers how many stamp sets I have. :)  But fortunately, there was a baby themed sentiment in the Ciao, Baby! set (misleading name — this is the only “baby” stamp in the set).

Oh, Baby -- PP133

I know this is an unusual color combination for a baby card, but I love these colors together.  I got the combo from the Color Coach (love that thing).  Here’s a closer view of the smashed bottle cap:

Oh, Baby -- Close up

I used the sketch from the Freshly Made Sketches site.

I hope you’ll be able to join in the fun at the Paper Players this week!  Here’s what the other designers did with the challenge:

Enjoy your Sunday!  Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies Used:
Stamps:  Ciao, Baby!, Delicate Doilies, Sweet Essentials
Ink:  Cherry Cobbler, Pool Party, So Saffron
Paper:  Crumb Cake, Pool Party, Cherry Cobbler, Whisper White, Tea for Two dsp
Embellishments:  Tea Lace Paper Doilies, 2-1/2″ Circle punch, 1-3/4″ Scallop Circle punch, 1″ Circle punch, 7/8″ Scallop Circle punch, Pearl Basic Jewels, Cherry Cobbler 1/2″ Seam Binding ribbon, Subtles Designer Buttons, Soda Pop Tops, Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border punch

About these ads
This entry was posted in Ciao, Baby!, Delicate Doilies, The Paper Players. Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to A Baby Card — PP 133

1. LeAnne says:

I love your “out-of-the box” baby card! It is certainly full of fun embellishments and would be treasured by any mom-to-be!

2. Kathi Crouse says:

This is awesome, Amy! Love these colors and that cute bottlecap! So many cute embellishments!

3. Kelly W. says:

Amy, I love that your card in nontraditional and perfect when we don’t know the gender. The colors are gorgeous together! Your lace doily and bottle cap are wonderful and the big bow is lovely. This is beautiful!!

4. Cindy Hall says:

This is so pretty! I love the colors, layers and how you used the soda pop top. The ribbon is so pretty, too. Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

5. Linda Suarez says:

Great baby card! I love the doily in the background! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

6. Becky Green says:

WOW!!!!!!!!! WHAT A BEAUTIFUL JOB YOU’VE DONE!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

7. Allisa says:

Love the layers! The bottle cap addition is perfect! Thanks for playing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

8. Awesome baby cards do not have to made with baby-themed stamp sets and you have totally showcased that fact beautifully! I love the color combo and the fab layers. The bottlecap adds the perfect detail. You rocked it, Amy! :)

9. Ann Schach says:

Absolutely gorgeous, Amy! I love the colors!