Blue Creped Flower — PP134

Are you ready for another sketch challenge at the Paper Players today?  Well, Jaydee has a good one for us.

I wanted to play with the creped filter paper that Stampin’ Up! has in the Spring catalog some more.  When I attended the Dallas regional last weekend, someone shared a great tip on how to use it with a punch.  Rather than just punching the creped paper with the punch, you need to add a piece of card stock behind the creped paper before punching.  It adds a little stability and will allow the paper to punch cleanly.  You can even punch through multiple layers at once.  You don’t have to add the card stock with a die — just with a punch.

crepe flower--PP134

For the flower, I punched eight layers of the creped paper and then used a sponge dauber and Midnight Muse ink to dye the flower.  Once dry, I scrunched up the layers and pierced a brad through the center, and then covered the brad with a punched circle and resin dahlia.

I hope you can find time to join in and participate in the challenge this week.  Here are links to the other designers, so you can see how they interpreted the sketch.

Enjoy your Sunday!  Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies Used:
Stamps:  Sweet Essentials
Ink:  Midnight Muse
Paper:  Crumb Cake, Midnight Muse, Whisper White, Summer Starfruit, Gumball Green, Print Poetry dsp stack
Embellishments:  Creped Filter Paper, In Color Dahlias, 1/2″ Circle Punch, Blossom punch, Blossom Petals Builder punch, Delicate Doilies Sizzlits die, Midnight Muse 3/8″ Stitched Satin Ribbon

About these ads
This entry was posted in Creped Filter Paper, The Paper Players. Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to Blue Creped Flower — PP134

1. Lori says:

Love the flower and the colors!

2. Beautiful flower – and I love the sweet green center!

3. Nance Leedy says:

What a great tip for punching the crepe paper–I must admit, I haven’t even open mine yet! Love the way you’ve colored the flower and backed it with the doily. Beautiful card, as always!

4. Kathi Crouse says:

Gorgeous!!! Love that beautiful flower and the dahlia center!

5. Mackie says:

Love your pretty crepe flower! Thanks for the tips!

6. Ann Schach says:

Beautiful, as always, Amy! I love the crepe flower1

7. Beverley says:

Amy, I love your card. The flower is lovely and your punching tip will come in very handy, so thanks for passing it on.

Bev x

8. sandym says:

Amy this is just gorgeous! I love your beautiful blossom and thanks for the tip about punching it. I’ll have to give it a try.

9. jrk912 says:

I love coming to your blog to see what gorgeous creation you have come up with! Beautiful! :-)

10. Steph says:

This is beautiful! I love it! Im going to give it a try. If i do this in a class, about how long does it take to let the crepe paper dry?

11. Beautiful card Amy. Love the color combo. Thanks for the tip with the punch and crepe paper.
    I have it but haven’t used it yet. I will now thanks to you.